Sunday 16 July 2017

127. Testing Terryn. Imperial Knight part 4.

As always, let's start this off with...
I KNOW I'VE BEEN AWAY A WHILE

Sorry folks, I've just been not great at stuff.
I'm trying to get back into things, so stay tuned to my various outlets for more info.

On to hobby talk.

So, the new 40k came out...

I'm not totally sold yet.
Mechanically I can deal, however, it currently lacks flavor.
This is something I think the new Codex books will add in, and when they do, I'll be back in it.

But until then, I think I'm mainly gonna play AOS, Bloodbowl and other stuff.
To that end I've mainly been doing some AOS painting.

If you follow me on Instagram you've probably already seen a lot of this, but I'm posting here because I probably should have done that to start with.


So, the first thing back here will be the earliest painted thing I guess


The Imperial Knight .


I finally decided on a scheme ( I think XD )
I'm going for house Terryn, but with a significantly higher contrasting colours; more depth, gradients and richer colours all around.


This is my tester shoulder pad (I for some reason ad one spare)

med_gallery_33843_7958_81312.jpg


I'm also not a big fan of the Terryan transfers.
I know there is a third party resin pad available, but it just doesn't quite look right to me, so I decided to have a 'quick' go at free handing the iconography.


med_gallery_33843_7958_149750.jpg


med_gallery_33843_7958_99495.jpg



med_gallery_33843_7958_56984.jpg

I know the eagle isn't quite right, and the Diamonds are also placed slightly weirdly, but then, this is why we do tester models, right?

That's all for now.

40k updates may be less frequent, but I've got a chunk of other stuff to throw up here, so stay tuned Underhivers!


-DH-

No comments:

Post a Comment